Durham REI November 2021 Meeting
November 10 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pmFree
Our meeting will start at 7:00 pm and doors will open at 6:45 pm and end by 10pm.
Next Meeting: November 10th, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Location:Carruthers Creek Golf & Country Club, 650 Lake Ridge Rd South, Ajax, Ontario.
Cost:$100 per person at the door for non-members or choose a membership option.
Location Context: Located off Lake Ridge Road just south of Bayly Street East. It is the first entrance on the right once you pass Bayly. There is ample parking.
Before the meeting:
1. Please register online right here (You must register for this event to be entered to win prizes at the meeting)
2. Bring business cards and property deal sheets for the networking table.
Agenda for the Evening:
* Introductions and Durham Updates
* Real Estate Investor Strategy Spotlight – TBA
* Keynote Speaker – Gillian Irving – BEER, BONGS AND BASHES: A survival guide to maximizing your profits while keeping your sanity with student rentals.
* Keynote Speaker – TBA
* Wrap-up and Burning Questions
* Networking and Developing Your Power Team
Real Estate Investor, Entrepreneur, Crypto Enthusiast, Runner
Founder of InvestInStudentRentals.com Gillian Irving likes to say she was an “accidental investor”, when buying a duplex in downtown Toronto in 2009 with little knowledge and absolutely no long-term plan. Although market timing was on her side to refinance and keep growing, she knew she couldn’t keep relying on a “hope & pray” strategy if she wanted to leave her job and provide long-term financial security for her disabled son and three other children. So, Gillian became a serious student of real estate investing and, combined with her skills as a former market research analyst, she established a portfolio of student rental properties across Southern Ontario. Because student rentals weren’t exciting enough for Gillian, she also opened a 30,000 square foot Sky Zone Trampoline Park in 2015 to really keep her on her toes! With good luck on her side, she sold the business just before the pandemic hit. Today she spends her days searching for her next real estate deal, researching cryptocurrencies and helping other real estate investors achieve their goals through her online course, coaching and JV partnerships.