For a limited time download a FREE copy of "The Little Black Book of Tenant Persuasion Strategies" (Value $14.95).
Our meeting will start at 7:00 pm and doors will open at 6:45 pm and end by 10pm.
Next Meeting: December 13th, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Location:Carruthers Creek Golf & Country Club, 650 Lake Ridge Rd South, Ajax, Ontario.
Cost:$40 per person at the door for non-members or choose a membership option.
Location Context: Located off Lake Ridge Road just south of Bayly Street East. It is the first entrance on the right once you pass Bayly. There is ample parking.
Before the meeting:
1. Please register online right here (You must register for this event to be entered to win prizes at the meeting)
2. Bring business cards and property deal sheets for the networking table.
Agenda for the Evening:
* Introductions and Durham Updates
* Real Estate Investor Strategy Spotlight – Electricity And Water Sub-Metering – Options For Property Owners
* Keynote Speaker – David Puotinen – Recent Tax Changes and Strategies for Real Estate Investors – Taxes are one of the biggest expenses that investors experience, make sure that you are doing everything you can to reduce them.
* Keynote Speaker – Save $$$ on Energy Savings Upgrades – Grants & Incentives Available – Having a NO-COST Energy Audit is the first step in qualifying for Governmental / Utility Company Grants/Incentives. Tenants- and YOU the LANDLORD– can save money on utility costs, be more comfortable in their homes, and reduce your environmental footprint. Available Grants & Incentives: ranging from FREE appliance upgrades, LED light bulbs, and building upgrades.
* Wrap-up and Burning Questions
* Networking and Developing Your Power Team
David Puotinen is the tax manager at Real File Chartered Professional Accountants, a Markham based firm whose practice focuses on structuring, advisory and CRA problem resolution for real estate businesses, developers, and investors. David began his accounting career at the Canada Revenue Agency, where he spent 14 years as a criminal investigator, forensic auditor in the Special Investigations, and as a technical training lead in the small and medium enterprise audit division. At Real File CPA, he advises clients on how to properly structure, operate, and report their income in order to mitigate risk, conserve wealth, and protect themselves from the CRA.
Desmond Peacock brings over 10 years of experience serving the multi-residential industry. Desmond is well known for being responsive and committed to many of the largest owners and managers across Canada – receiving a Sales Excellence Award in 2014. Also a Sommelier, Desmond enjoys sharing his extensive knowledge with clients.
Ed Casteels – CEA, REA, QAS, QAA, SOM, Trainer, Thermographer – Existing Homes ERS, New Homes ERS, ENERGY STAR, R2000, SB12 — Owner/President: Eco Advantage Energy Advisors Inc.
10 years as Residential Energy Advisor- 2000+ audits performed, 20,000+ audits QA’d
Programs affiliations: NRCan ERS Existing & New Home, ENERGY STAR, R2000, Union Gas Home Reno Rebate Program (HRR), Enbridge Gas Home Energy Conservation Program (HEC), Home Assistance Program (HAP)
|December 13, 2017|
|7:00 PM - 10:00 PM|