Due to Covid restrictions this meeting has been moved to online. Members will recieve an invitation via zoom.
Next Meeting: January 12th, 2021 at 7:30 – 10 pm
Cost: Members Only for non-members choose a membership option.
Agenda for the Evening:
* Introductions and Durham Updates
* Real Estate Investor Strategy Spotlight – Derik Smits – Fireside Chat – Multiple Streams of Income
* Keynote Speaker – Farah Omran/Economist Scotiabank Economics – The Economy and Outlook for the Housing Market in 2022
* Keynote Speaker – Darcy Marler – Strategic Land Development
* Wrap-up and Burning Questions
* Networking and Developing Your Power Team
Farah Omran joined Scotiabank Economics in February 2021 as an Economist, mainly working with the team on stress-testing and modelling, while leading the department’s research into the Canadian housing market. Before joining Scotiabank, Farah held a policy analyst position at the C.D. Howe Institute. Farah holds a Master’s Degree in Economics from the University of Toronto, where she was a fellow at Massey College.
Derik Smits is a Professional Real Estate Investor. Entrepreneur from the age of 12 buying and selling mororcycless, atv’s, seadoo’s and snowmobiles. He now has one of the largest used Rv dealership in Ontario selling over 100 units a year and growing.
Over the past 20 years, Darcy Marler has owned over 90 properties with 240 ‘doors’, worth over $44 million. In that time, he has actively invested in land development, new construction, condo conversion, long term rentals, BRRRR, land parceling, and fix-and-flips.
Darcy is also the author of 4 books on real estate investing.
The Durham Real Estate Investor club began in 2008. Whether you are just starting your journey, have been investing for a few years, or are a well seasoned real estate investor the Durham Real Estate Investor Club has many benefits to you.