Our meeting will start at 7:00 pm and doors will open at 6:45 pm and end by 10pm.
Next Meeting: February 8th, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Location: Abilities Centre Theatre – 55 Gordon St, Whitby, ON L1N 0J2
Cost:$100 per person at the door for non-members or choose a membership option.
Location Context: Our new meeting location is at the Second Floor Theatre Room overlooking the track at the Abilities Centre. If you go to the front besk of the Abilities Centre they will walk you there. Or simply follow the ramp up and you will walk past the Theatre. The parking lot is located on the West Side of the building along Gordon Street.
Before the meeting:
1. Bring business cards andprepare for networking at the end of the meeting.
2. Property deal sheet for 2min for members with a gift to members.
Agenda for the Evening:
* Introductions and Durham Updates
* Real Estate Investor Strategy Spotlight – George Wang – Financial Freedom Presentation
* Keynote Speaker – Short Term Rental business in Florida – This presentation will first take a high level overview at two different property types that I own and self manage. I will share purchase prices, renovations needed, current values, Cashflow from precious year, and ROI projections. I will then talk about how technology has allowed me to self manage these active businesses. I have an app that helps me coordinate listings, automate messages, coordinate cleaners, & adjust my nightly pricing. I am happy to answer any questions around purchasing short term rentals, buying in the states, or around management challenges.
* Keynote Speaker – Brooke Shang – Rent-to-Own Fundementals – Rent-to-Own Contact Terms and Phrases, What Lanuage to Use, Terms in the option contract/ and lease contract, and Why do I invest in Rent to Own.
* Wrap-up and Burning Questions
* Networking and Developing Your Power Team
My name is Cam Cassidy, I am an investor focused realtor, facilitator for the Humber College real estate program, short & long term rental house provider and most importantly a husband and father to Austen and Brooks. I started attending Durham REI in December 2016, shortly after that I started buying properties in Durham Region and converting them to legal 2 units, also helping a number of investors do the same. November 2021, I started purchasing properties in Florida to Air BNB and have self managed them using a number of apps and systems that I am excited to share with you this evening!
From a stay-at-home mom of 10 years, to management consultant, to financially free as a real estate investor in 3 years, Brooke Shang went from having no income to a single income source, then to multiple streams of income. She continues to work in the corporate world, writing, mentoring and expanding her real estate portfolio while helping others create wealth through real estate.
Brooke is the award winning author of Financial Freedom the Royal Way. Besides being known as the expert in Rent to Owns, Brooke has also completed several duplex conversions, private lending deals, and multi-family income properties. She has invested across Canada, in US and she owns investment property in Asia as well.
The Durham Real Estate Investor club began in 2008. Whether you are just starting your journey, have been investing for a few years, or are a well seasoned real estate investor the Durham Real Estate Investor Club has many benefits to you.